Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM) is a research and training center focused on knowledge creation and practice in Lean, Agile, DevOps, Digital Transformation, and Enterprise Engineering.
It specializes in using Frameworks such as Scrum, SAFe®, DEMO, and methods and tools such as Modeling and Simulation.
- Public, individual, and corporate courses on Agile, SAFe®, DevOps, Project Management, and Enterprise Engineering.
- Developing methodologies in enterprise engineering, agility, organizational change, enterprise modeling and simulation, business process improvement, and digital transformation.
- Participating in Ph.D. exam committees
- Supervising graduate projects
- Publishing peer-refereed papers.
- World-class Subject Matter Expertise in Lean, Agile, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Process Improvement
- In various domains such as IT, software engineering, cloud, banking and financial services, healthcare, logistics and supply chain, service, and retail
Founders of IEM, Joseph Barjis, and Gervais Johnson, combine decades of industry and academic experience in top companies (IBM, USA) and universities (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands) resulting in a unique approach to coaching and training in a practically viable and scientifically sound manner.
- Joseph has 20+ years of academic experience including 10 years of tenure at Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands), one of Europe's top universities.
- Gervais has 25+ years of professional experience in managing large enterprise transformations and multimillion projects, including 18 years tenure at IBM (USA).
Dr. Joseph Barjis is one of the co-founders of Enterprise Engineering field, sought after expert and international speaker, Agile Thought Leader, Trainer and Expert. He is a formal contributor to the popular SAFe® Framework.
Dr. Barjis trains and coaches to facilitate companies Agile transformation and enterprise transformation as a whole and leads enterprise engineering and business process improvement in particular.
He empowers companies to carry on their Agile journey successfully by developing in-house expertise and leaders.
Gervais Johnson is the CEO and inventor of Impavid Agile®, with two decades implementing and innovating solutions using Agile. Gervais continues to train and coach to empower individuals and teams. Gervais is a Software Delivery visionary and innovator contributing to emerging and disruptive technologies.